Re: [ga] Fwd: [council] Condemn Cowardly Attack

On 02:37 18/09/01, Eric Dierker said:
>Where were you when my brothers lost domain names and property rights to
>IP manipulated WIPE?  Where we you when they shut off the inclusiveness of
>the WG-Review?  Where were you when my sisters lost 50K on a lottery which
>was politically manipulated?  Where were you when the attacked our friends
>and comrades with other roots?  Where were you when they granted Palestine
>a ccTLD and denied others?

IMHO, Eric perfectly describes the spirit of the frustrations generated by
the ICANN. We now face a strange dilemna. If those who have diagnosed the
single authoritative root of the problem (ICANN policy) propose some
solutions it will be "politicking abusing the situation". If those who
created the problem try to find a solution - like Mike - in following their
logic everyones see how inadequate it is.

So, what do we do as it appears there is no George W. at the ICANN?

IMHO there is a complete parallel between the reasons why the US and the
ICANN meet problems. From what I gather US citizens are brillantly reacting
though solidarity and in trying to understand, even at the cost of
discovering things they will not like, with the firm intent to build
together from what they find, good and bad. I find the approach sound: why
not to follow the same processus in here?

Jefsey