Stuart

From: Asaad Y. Alnajjar - Millennium Inc. [mailto: alnajjar@any-dns.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2001 2:02 AM

On behalf of the Executive Council of AINC ( Arabic Internet Names Consortium) we issued the attached statement.

AINC strongly and unanimously condemns and denounces the vicious inhuman attacks perpetrated against innocent civilians in the U.S. this week. These attacks and the ideologies behind them are absolutely diametrically opposed to the teachings of all religions and to our cultural values.
Taking human life gratuitously is an extremely grave sin as you see in the Qur'anic verse which reads: "Whosoever kills a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption on the land shall be as if he has killed all mankind, and whosoever saves the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind," (Al-Ma'idah:32).
Our response to the hatred emails that we received earlier today is that we understand and share the sender's pain and indignation; and we are equally appalled at what transpired this past Tuesday. However, we should not give in to ignorant stereotyping and racial and cultural bigotry.  Islam, the religion of tolerance, whose very name derives from the word "peace", holds the human soul in high esteem, and considers the attack against innocent human beings a grave sin, You can find a multitude of verses in the Holy Qur'an that are to this effect.
May God bless the souls of all our dead and grant all of the families with peace and patience and the strength to overcome sorrow. Our hearts and prayers to the families and we ask God to grant the World with Peace and Prosperity.
Sincerely,
Asaad Y Alnajjar, Executive Director AINC  http://www.ArabicDomainName.org

CEO Millennium Inc.  / Los Angeles-USA

--