Re: [ga] The Business Constituency

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Philip Sheppard wrote:
> Mr. Younger is mistaken. The charter posted is the BC original
> charter. In common with other constituencies we have a geographic
> diversity requirement for our representatives not a sectoral one.
> [snip]

	As Philip states, the document currently posted on the BC website
is the original Oct. 1999 charter (at least it looks that way -- I haven't
compared it word for word).  It's worth noting, though, that the Oct. 1999
charter *does* incorporate a sectoral diversity requirement.  It states:
"If, at any stage of the election process described above, an individual
working for or representing an identifiable business sector is elected,
all other representatives or individuals working for or representing that
same business sector will be eliminated from the election process."  The
charter doesn't explicitly require sectoral diversity when filling a Board
vacancy by *appointment*, but that's because it doesn't explicitly
contemplate filling Board vacancies by appointment at all.

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com