Re: [ga] Gadsden flag movement

William is exactly right.  Let's end the tub thumping here,
and take our venting elsewhere.  Emergency messages
as to helping find missing people, giving aid, or that kind
of thing excepted. But no more politics, please.

Bill Lovell

William X Walsh wrote:

> Let's end discussion on the subject of this week's disaster on the GA
> list.
>
> We are starting to see the natural result of this discussion
> continuing past it's time, which means that emotions will start to
> flare up and cause the kinds of messages this list does not need or
> want.
>
> There are many forums for discussing this week's disaster, more
> appropriate ones, please take the discussions there.   Those lists are
> better equipped to deal with the kind of messages that this highly
> emotionally charged subject will continue to lead to.
>
> As much as some have tried to tie this into ICANN and domain names in
> some way, that also is not an appropriate way of addresses those
> issues, by taking advantage of the crisis to promote your views on
> these entirely unrelated subjects.
>
> The first couple days of messages were welcome, appropriate, and
> natural for any group of people who have a shared interest as most of
> us do.  But for a list like this, there must be limits to the ongoing
> off topic discussion, especially when the subject is so highly
> charged, and inevitably leads to some of the messages we have seen
> here this morning.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents"; "August 2001:
Proposal for Best Practices for the DNSO GA." This
page also includes much else about the DNSO.)
Part I:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires the Adobe Acrobat Reader,
available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html