[ga] Re: who is Dan Steinberg

Now that things have begun to settle a bit, I thought I would take the time
to update the GA on what has been happening with the UDRP task force.

The short answer is: not much.

A closed working list was set up up shortly before the last ICANN meeting.
There was some call for addition of civil lawyers to the task force to
represent different perspectives.  I pointed out that although the concept
of a 'civil lawyer' might be considered an oxymoron, the GA  already had the
forsight to elect as their representative someone trained in civil law
(moi).   At the ICANN meeting 2 additional geographic representatives were
(unofficially) added to the task force.  These have to be ratified somehow
(and I have no idea who has to ratify).  After that a few introductions were
made, then the tragedy of last week hit. The working list has been pretty
much silent.

I will post relevant issues as they come up.