[ga] Current DNSO General Assembly list discussion

----- This is my last posting on this topic. ----

Dear GA members,

I obviously understand everyone's concern with the terrorist
attacks and its consequences completely. For once, after these
attacks, ICANN-related issues seemed to me off-topic, and
messages of sympathy as well as calls for a calm response
on-topic. The attacks have been a shock far beyond the United
States, and it is entirely appropriate that this shock is
echoed in the GA mailing list.

However, condolences are quite different from continuing
to discuss political issues such as past and current US
foreign policy. There are many, many e-mail discussion
lists and web fora discussing these topics, and there
is always the opportunity to continue discussing issues
privately by e-mail with people participating on this list.
Of course, we are not focussed only on ICANN issues,
and there is an understandable desire to exchange views,
especially across international boundaries.

Please don't take it as overly strict limitation of
discussion topics -- the attacks and its consequences
will certainly have a long-lasting impact which needs
to be discussed. But let's start the new week without
discussing issues *on the DNSO-GA list* for which other fora
are better suited. It goes without saying that our thoughts
are and will be with the victims and their families.

Thank you!

Best regards,
/// Alexander

ICANN-*related* links:

Afilias changes Startup Schedule due to events in New York
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/registrars/Arc01/msg01162.html

Stuart Lynn: Statement Concerning 11 September 2001 Disasters
http://www.icann.org/announcements/statement-14sep01.htm

CSC/Corporate Domains announces that all employees are safe
http://www.cscinfo.com/

Some non ICANN-related discussions: