Re: [ga] Amadeu Abril i Abril elected for a 3 year term to theICANN Board

Eric,

>Why would we care so much about geographic diversity and then have a person
>placed upon the board that comes from the registrars constituency.
>
>Mr. Abril may be a fine BoD member but some were excluded from eligibility
>because of where they live but he was not excluded even though he comes
>from a
>overly represented group.

Overly represented group???
He is the only registrar ever in the Board, if I am not mistaken.

Andy Gardner wrote:
>Oh well, might as well disband the GA, it's basically toothless for 3 years
>now.

I don't see the relation between the weakness of the GA (that I am not
disputing) and the election of Amadeu.
Can you elaborate on this, please?

>Abril will vote the same way Stubbs does - whatever's best for CORE.

I just assume that you did not pay much attention to the votes of the Board,
then.

>What a farce.

For the record, the election was resolved with a 11-10 split vote, so it was
all but written in advance. To tell you the truth, in the corridors of
Montevideo people were not indicating Amadeu as the one with more
chances....

Regards
Roberto