RE: [ga] Re: your mail

Once upon a time, there was an MCI project. This project intended to modify
the DNS software such that; You feed it a number and instead of getting back
a host name, you get one or more persons assigned to that number. If you
feed it a name, you get one or more telephone numbers associated with that
name. The intent was to distribute it among the other telcos, for directory
synchronization. The problem is that telcos generally get along with each
other like rabid dogs (and ex-bells treat MCI like plague virus anyway). I
have no idea what happened after WorldCom took over.