[ga] RE:

I think that those are two entirely separate issues. There is a lot of stuff
I use DNS for that is not the original intent or purpose. No one has any
business telling anyone else, how to use their systems or software. There is
the old principle of "what doesn't harm, is allowed". That said, those same
systems are not normally visible on the Internet, or if they are, those
using those systems are very well aware of what is being done. As far as the
"e164.arpa" project is concerned. If their zone servers can handle the gaff,
what's the problem? I see no difficulty configuring a zone server cluster
for such a load. It *is* part of what MHSC does.

On the other hand, the Internet stability FUD, wrt DNS TLDs, has been around
a long time. Thank D'Crock for that. Although much of the BoD knows better,
they chose to go along with the FUD for political reasons. After four years,
that much is, at the least, very clear. Don't act surprised, just embarrasss
them sufficiently with the facts, such that they can't agree with the FUD
without looking very foolish. Knowlege conquers FUD and publicized knowlege
conquers politically motivated decisions.