Re: [ga] Amadeu Abril i Abril elected for a 3 year term to theICANNBoard

Why would we care so much about geographic diversity and then have a person
placed upon the board that comes from the registrars constituency.

Mr. Abril may be a fine BoD member but some were excluded from eligibility
because of where they live but he was not excluded even though he comes from a
overly represented group.

This example makes it even more clear that the At-Large needs to be users and
not another exclusive group like domain name holders.  I was probably fairly
shortsighted to keep such an interest on the board.  Had they placed more of a
bottom-up person they at least could make a colorable claim to wanting to work
with users.

Sincerely,