No Subject

Folks,
Please have a look at the presentation on ENUM delivered today at the Board
(http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/icann/montevideo/archive/pres/enum.html).
I think that this raises matters to be debated in the DNSO, like:
- the use of the DNS for a different purpose
- the implication on policy of the possible implementation (is the service
optional? What about the impact on privacy? Who will manage it (guidelines
for cost?), and so on)
Personally, I commented in the public forum that on one hand we experience
delays over delays in the introduction of a handful of "normal" TLDs, with
concerns about the stability of the Internet, and on the other hand the
Board seems to accept without discussion an use of the DNS that is not what
it was intended for (with a potential of hundreds of millions entries below
e164.arpa, and a nesting level of some 15).
What do you think?
Regards
Roberto