Re: [ga] FW: Urgent: questions for ICANN Board Candidates

Dear DPF,
contracts are no better. Complex, delaying, blocking innovation. Who said
that Staff meant "single team authoritative for failures".

The only solution is no ICANN creep. ICP-1 extended to every TLD. A single
a minima rule of the game for everyone. So every one is in the same field
and can build on top and every ccTLD be protected: ICANN wants to be able
to change the contract terms? so will want the Gov: how do you want the
ccTLD to build in stability. General rules cannot renegotiated...  so it is
to each country and TLD Manager to adapt. ICP-1 should only be reviewed by
the DNSO: NSI and every TLD manager cc/s/open alike.

BTW, Danny, I strongly object that the DNSO would disapear: a) it would be
a DN disarray and an USG takeover, who wants that? b) to the countrary the
SOs must take over the Staff (I must acknowledge that I did not understand
the position of Karl Auerbach on this: he is right).

The question is only: will we agree with Staff on its withrawall and
authority transfer to the SOs or will we have to fight our own Staff to get
the ICANN back in its shoes?

We have to prepare both.
Jefsey