Re: [ga] FW: Urgent: questions for ICANN Board Candidates

Friday, Friday, September 07, 2001, 4:27:30 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:
> 3. What level of Board Representation do you think is appropriate for ccTLDs
> 6,5, 4 or less?

How arrogant to suggest that the ccTLDs should have anywhere NEAR so
many board seats allocated to them.

That is just plain ludicrous, even if they were deserving of an SO
status, which the most certainly are not.

The more arrogance I see from the ccTLD community as this debate goes
on, the more I think that ICANN should simply present the ccTLDs with
contracts, and give them 90 days to work out reasonable negotiations,
and then they must sign and comply with the contracts, or face a
freeze of their TLD, transfer to a custodial operator, such as APNIC
or RIPE, and eventual redelegation.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>