Re: [ga] Re: Joker.com filing "common law" .info claims

Yes this is a key point that many people miss. In fact it is part of the
ICANN schemata that everyone, including Trademark holders actively engage
in cybersquatting..., er... Can't use that term anymore now that it has an
incorrect legislated meaning.... so.... hm... domainsquatting, flattening
out the domain space until all short, meaningful domain names no longer
exist.

But of course hoarding domain names in the hopes of extorting money from
others who have a real need to develop content there is wrong, but being
coerced by a government's naivity or a maverick virus like ICANN into
registering everything abc (abc.com/net/co.uk/cx/aq/bz/af/ly/iq/ir/ao
etc..) is just plain comedy.

Fortunately, registrants of domain names under TLDs held by The
PacificRoot are not subject to arbitrary theft by the insidious ICANN
UDRP. It's going to stay that way too.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> John,
>
> It is a common misconception that registrars are somehow prohibited from
> stockpiling. There are no such restrictions in any ICANN/Registry agreement
> that I am aware of.
>
> -rwr

Bradley D. Thornton
Chief Technology Officer