Re: [ga] 3 Ownership Questions

Thank you Mr. de Blanc,

Please take special notice of the APNIC agreement with ICANN.  There seems
special allowance for provisions which would allow such application,
especially in conjunction with the redefinition of Internet user.

Basically speaking ICANN decides what is a politically correct stance and if
the APNIC contracts with any party not in conformity to such a stance then
certainly it is grounds for breach.  Probably not a legal case but a
political case to force ccTLDs into lock step with ICANN Staff and BoD
policies.  Woe be to any developing country's' nic that uses independent
thought and gets their country booted from the International clique.

I especially watch with interest the developing of Vietnams' new policies
and Mexico's' declaration that the internet be used more broadly for
education and access by student users. Columbia and the aspiring dotDM are
at major risk, just as we watch with interest the direction of our
beleaguered friends in the Philippines.  We should watch with special
interests Balkans and subAfrika, capture is real and exploitation is a
simple result of lack of support from international standards.  These damned
International Standards are requiring too much while providing too little to
nations struggling to match certain IP and Union standards, they should act
as a hand which pulls up as much as it pushes down.  The desire to meet
international criteria and obtain international funding for poverty relief
and infrastructure should not be creating a brand new colonialism which I
fear it does.

Perhaps if the Internet were "owned" by my Internation dotcommoners a more
just policy could result, perhaps not.  But I do believe an Internation of
ccTLD users may be the best hope to counter ICANNs imperialistic
colonialism.

Sincerely,
Eric
ps. I now add to my fun spell checks.
At-Large = altar
ICANN= Icon
APNIC= panic
BoD = baud
NIC = nice
ccTLD=Cutlass
this is getting great for a spellcheck parody