Re: [ga] GA/DNSO Funding Issues

Dassa,
for once I am 100% with you. Even if I think easier to show things and
attract that to force people. What you describe is what I call "going
Estonian".

Estonia is an incredible story. The government went Internet the way you
describe. And now the citizens may share in the Government meetings
decisions in real time!  And it works. They are going to extend the system
to cities, public services and university administration.

What is interesting is it is becoming there part of their culture. Then you
do not need to impose it because everyone goes by it. And understand why it
is better.

Our world changes. And time to time it is for the better.

I would like to propose something: that we use the BPs of Bill and Joana,
Joop's IDNO management rules, the rules of different MLs we know, may be
trying to get in touch with Estonian system developers, etc... and instead
of debating we try to *specify* from experience such a system we could use.

You may remember we discussed technical details at length one year ago with
WXW? Why not to have another attempt? All the debates in here that Roberto
and Harald lead would also serve.

I am sure that good specifications and the aura of the ICANN would interest
software publishers and we could have a free beta system. We could then
share in the improvement definitions. Many governance groups in the world
could benefit from such a system too.

Jefsey