Re[6]: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Sunday, Sunday, August 19, 2001, 11:05:29 PM, Rex T. wrote:

> I remember when there was no IDNO and this guy (Joop) spoke of the need to
> protect independant domain owners, and how he would like to begin a
> constituency for that purpose, and to build a real voting booth, etc.

> I rember this guy campaining to bring the Unrepresented Domain Owners, and
> to strive for true democratic process.

No, he claimed to strive for that, what he was really building was a
structure where he was the effective leader, and that anything that he
didn't think was in the best interests of domain holders (regardless
of what they thought) he could sabotage, and use his position as
"Founder/Bootstrap" to justify his unilateral actions.

The things you don't know about the IDNO could full volumes.

It's easy to make the judgement you made when you only know a small
portion of the reality.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>