From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of William
X Walsh
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 12:48 AM
To: Joop Teernstra
Cc: earl@pheather.com; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re[2]: [ga] Funding of ICANN Board candidate travel expenses

Sunday, Sunday, August 19, 2001, 8:10:47 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 19:22 19/08/01 -0600, pheather wrote:
>>So much for a level playing field for all candidates. Instead, those
>>with the deepest pockets and the richest supporters are given
>>advantage.

> Not to mention that those who do sacrifice for ICANN from their own
> pocket,
> will always have their motives questioned.

> For the record: my trip to Montevideo is this time (unexpectedly)
> provided
> for by Salzburg Seminar (markle/ford foundation).
> The members of the IDNO  decided in a vote last week that membership
of the
> NCDNHC does not stand in the way of providing the framework for a
separate
> IDN holders constituency.

Correction, a small handful of people, most of whom have not actively
participated in the IDNO in MANY months, voted that there is no reason
NOT to join the NCDNHC.

What even those small handful did not decide was that you should
represent them or be the recipient of the money from the Salzburg
Institute.

As a member of the IDNO, I intend to make the Salzburg institute aware
of the facts about your claim.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>