From: L Gallegos [mailto:jandl@jandl.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 4:45 PM
To: Peter de Blanc
Cc: ga@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Documentation request

Peter,

Given a chance, there would be thousands of members.  However,
since the BoD and NC have shot down every attempt at formation,
people are now reluctant to do much until there is an indication
that the Board will, in fact, approve one.  There has been no such
indication and the chicen and egg routine continues.

It appears rather obvious that it is a similar attitude as that
regarding the at-large.  The BoD doesn't want that "for real"
participation and has put as many stumbling blocks as possible in
its way.  The IDNHC is even worse.  Even with self formation it has
been shot down time after time.  The climate is one of
discouragement.

IMO, the NC should fully endorse the formation of this constituency
and then people would set out to self form again.

Leah