[ga] Re: Documentation request

Ken Stubbs is looking for a "concrete proposal".

I would be willing to bet that if a concrete proposal was submitted to the
Board today, the only response that we would receive would be:

"Whereas the ICANN Board is in receipt of a proposal regarding the
establishment of a new DNSO constituency;
Whereas the Names Council has been notified that the ICANN Board expects to
receive a bottom-up community-based consensus proposal regarding criteria
governing the establishment of new constituencies;
Whereas the Board is not in receipt of such proposal from the Names Council;
It is hereby resolved that no action on this matter is to be taken at this
time."

Perhaps Ken can motivate his associates on the Council to finish drafting
such criteria before Montevideo.  If they can commit to finishing this
project by then (the Council Business Plan, after all, was drafted back in
February), then I am sure that our motivated members can have a concrete
proposal ready.

If we all cooperate we can get this job done.  Ken, are you willing to take
the lead on this in the Council?  Can you settle the issue of "criteria", so
that any concrete proposal may be examined in light of this "criteria"?   We
are awaiting the efforts of the Council.  Can we count on your support to
have the Council complete its work in a timely fashion?