Re: [ga] Re: Documentation request

on 8/13/01 7:12 PM, Peter de Blanc at pdeblanc@usvi.net wrote:

> If and when a set of documents to form the idho, or whatever it evolves
> to be called, with aa significant number of persons and organizations
> signing off on it (more than 100)
>
> I would endorse it for presentation to the ICANN board.
>
> Peter de Blanc

Peter,

Using Best Practices, the documents you have collected so far (and other
that may be forthcoming) could be regarded as Suggestions that can, through
Discussion, be Recognized as a Basis for a Proposal, which in turn can be
Debated and Recognized as a Motion, which in turn can be Debated and
Recognized as a Basis for a Voting procedure of the DNSO General Assembly,
which currently has over 400 members to Vote (aka Sign Off) on one or more
sets of documents. The challenge of 100 would be acceptable in my opinion,
and hopefully more will be present themselves.

Problem. We understand that no formal DNSO Voting Procedures will be made
available to the GA until after Montevideo. Would you be willing to endorse
a Recognition by the GA Chair, which would in the normal course of events,
be deemed a Basis for a Vote? The GA Chair's Recognition would arise from
the procedures described in the Best Practices, culminating in a Poll, that
may accept one or more of the original, amended, or substitute Motions.

Regards,
Joanna