From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of Milton
Mueller
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 1:04 PM
To: philip.sheppard@aim.be; DannyYounger@cs.com; ga@dnso.org;
pdeblanc@usvi.net
Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Documentation request

Peter:
The self-organization took place back in Spring 1999.
An IDNO organization has been around since then, the
powers that be just didn't like the people behind it.
Can we agree that when _another_ such proposal comes
before the NC that it will be treated less politically?

>>> "Peter de Blanc" <pdeblanc@usvi.net> 08/07/01 09:19AM >>>
Greetings:

Please refer to Article 3, and section 3 (d) of the ICANN bylaws at
http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#VI

The (proposed) new constituency must self-organize, probably produce a
document containing at least a statement of purpose, or mission
statement, and some basic bylaws defining membership.

Once the (proposed) new constituency has self-organized, it may petition
the Board for recognition.

My question is, has such self-organization, and production of documents
taken place?

Peter de Blanc

(Please note that I support the idea of some kind of individual domain
name holder's constituency)