Re: [ga] Re: Joker.com filing "common law" .info claims

On 2001-08-09 11:36:16 -0400, admin wrote:

>"9. Registrar shall abide by any ICANN-adopted policy prohibiting
>or restricting warehousing of or speculation in domain names by
>registrars."

>However, even though there has been quite a number of requests for
>such a policy to be developed, ICANN has refused to come up with a
>policy.  This is another example pointing out the fact that there
>is no bottom-up consensus process within ICANN.  ICANN has move
>forward with lotteries, UDRP policies, and flawed Sunrise
>provisions but they cannot come up with this policy.

In this case, it's quite wel "we cannot come up with this policy" -
since the failure concerns all levels of the process, including the
DNSO and the GA.

In fact, trying to get such a policy may be an interesting exercise
for the process - in particular since there may be strong objections
by those registrars who do warehouse domains...

"Registrar warehousing WG", anyone?

--
Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/