[ga] [IUC] Working Organization

Dear Eric,
thank you for your response. Here is what I propose to you and to any one
who wants to join the IUC project.

1) the project would be named "Internet User Constituency" Project.
    With abreviated name IntUser.
    Site http://intuser.org .

2) the dedicated interest committe to investigate and possibly propose that
project would be named the "Internet User Committee" to keep the same
initial and would use the same abbreviated name.

3) Until the Chairs have assigned a sub-list to that project we could use
the GA list with the leading mention "[IUC]" in the subject so mails might
be easily filtered into a special folder by Committee Members or filtered
out by non interested persons.

4) I propose the following definition for an Internet User: "any person who
is using the Internet either directly through any access station or
indirectly through any electronic device". This includes WebTV watchers,
Electronic Games Kids, E-Mail users, Building Tele Alarms owners, WebPone
users, MP3 afficionados, etc...

5) we are all of us most welcome indeed to follow your example and to
propose Internet Users to join this GA, registering as voters and
participating to our efforts.

6) An initial very limited funding will be provided by the world@wide
foundation. Secretariat and Banking account could be provided by the
International Secretariat for Telematic Applications (SIAT) which addresses
that kind of need since 1978.

7) the CAC (Consumer Advisory Committee) could start as an advisory
committee to the IUC project.

8) I suggest that in our outreach campaign we think about the creation of
local chapters and about persons able to create and animate them.

9) we could set-up a think tank at thinktank@intuser.org for everyone to
share with ideas and concepts. Once organized by themes they would be
published on the IntUser site for public comments.

10) I suppose that our initial needs includes among others:

-  graphic design for the site
-  site hosting / server housing with Mail, Threads and ML service
-  multi-langaguage being of the essence: translation facilties in
different languages
-  legal advising - US about ByLaws - international about contract with ICANN
-  presentation of a budget
-  edition and publication of a good presentation document
-  consumer organization relations
-  organization of international face to face meetings in Europe, Asia and USA
-  compilation of a worldwide user services directory
-  compilation of an interlanguage internet words glossary
-  development of a me/we management system able to cope with millions of
occasional participants

Any volunteer or project to help in these areas would be most welcome.

Cheers.
Jefsey