[ga] .info whois is open

It looks like most of the good .info domains are already gone.  A
combination of the .info loophole
http://www.domainsillustrated.com/knowledge/articles/010801.asp, mistaken
registrations where users signed up for Sunrise in error, and outright
fraud.  All kinds of generic trademarks are listed for Albania and Bahrain.

Blow is a letter I just sent to du Pont about science.info.

See for yourself at http://www.afilias.info

Russ Smith
http://TheNic.com

==

 Dear Ms. Galbrith:

This message is to follow-up the telephone message.

I am the director of Consumer.net and the owner the Science.net.  I am
contacting you concerning your registration of the domain name SCIENCE.info
which was registered during the Sunrise Period for trademark holders.

In the application you submitted the trademark number is "0" and the date of
trademark is "0200-01-03."  This information is clearly invalid.  I also
searched the www.USPTO.gov trademark database and I was unable to find a
trademark for "SCIENCE" registered to the du Pont Company.

Please identify the trademark used to register SCIENCE.info during the .info
Sunrise period.

Thank You,

Russ Smith

====

You searched for:
"science.info"

Domain Name:  SCIENCE.INFO
Created On:  2001-AUG-02 18:22:06.0 UTC
Expiration Date:  2006-AUG-02 18:22:06.0 UTC
Trademark Name:  SCIENCE
Trademark Date:  0200-01-03
Trademark Country:  US
Trademark Number:  00000000
Sponsoring Registrar:  5035-CD
Registrant ID:  C109666-LRMS
Registrant Name:  Karen Galbraith
Registrant Organization:  E I du Pont de Nemours and Company
Registrant Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:  Wilmington
Registrant State/Province:  Delaware
Registrant Postal Code:  19808
Registrant Country:  US
Registrant Phone:  +1.3029922941
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Email:  karen.y.galbrith@usa.dupont.com
Admin ID:  C109667-LRMS
Admin Name:  Karen Galbraith
Admin Organization:  DUPONT DOW ELASTOMERS L.L.C.
Admin Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
Admin Street2:
Admin Street3:
Admin City:  New York
Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code:  19808
Admin Country:  US
Admin Phone:  +1.3029922941
Admin Email:  karen.y.galbrith@usa.dupont.com
Billing ID:  C109667-LRMS
Billing Name:  Karen Galbraith
Billing Organization:  DUPONT DOW ELASTOMERS L.L.C.
Billing Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
Billing Street2:
Billing Street3:
Billing City:  New York
Billing State/Province:
Billing Postal Code:  19808
Billing Country:  US
Billing Phone:  +1.3029922941
Billing Email:  karen.y.galbrith@usa.dupont.com
Tech ID:  C109667-LRMS
Tech Name:  Karen Galbraith
Tech Organization:  DUPONT DOW ELASTOMERS L.L.C.
Tech Street1:  Barley Mill Road, Suite P40-202a
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:  New York
Tech State/Province: