Re: [ga] GA member for .org Task Force

At 09:18 2/08/2001 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>Dear members,
>
>The Chair of the new .org Task Force, Milton Mueller, has asked that the GA
>nominate a representative to this Task Force.   Please advise if you have an
>interest in this matter by sending me a candidate's statement.  As we
>currently do not have a voting mechanism at our disposal, I will ask Joop for
>the temporary use of his polling booth.   Additional details will be posted
>as we work out the selection process.

Danny and GA members,

For secure voting in the Booth it  needs to be fed the registered voters'
email list.
If the secretariat is not in a position to give you the list, then we can
only run a semi-secure vote, without email reminders.
This will mean a low voter turnout and a possibly contested result, unless
we obtain a rough consensus to proceed under these restraints.

The alternative is that voters express their preference on the list with a
reserved [.org Task force election] subject marker  and that a volunteer
does a manual count.
This will mean a loss of anonymity, but possible a higher voter turnout and
an uncontestable result.

--Joop