RE: [ga] Broken link

The point was that the link is under contention. Jeff Neuman, intentionally
or not, placed that page in a contended space. This is irrelevent to the
fact that his company, in collusion with the ICANN, created that contention
in the first place. At least two ICANN board members were aware of the
existing BIZ and deliberatly chose the pretender. In the strict context of
the ICANN, it may be a proper link (which is yet another bone of
contention). In the context of the Internet, it is in-conflict with another
TLD. I think that we have ample empirical proof that ICANN does not include
the whole of the Internet, regardless of whatever mandate that some of its
proponents may claim.

This places MHSC in the circumstance of having Neulevel impertinently impose
itself in an existing MHSC business relationship, with those we (MHSC) know
as the BIZ registry, and forcing us to chose between friends and strangers.
I'm sorry, but MHSC would rather keep the friends we know, rather than hop
into the sack with some stranger just because they have the same name. ICANN
does not control MHSC business relationships, which is what all of this
pretty much boils down to.

Actually, MHSC respects Neulevel very much, it is just that we wish that
they'd chosen a different path. It was entirely their choice, along with the
ICANN, to deliberatly collide with existing friends. We think that it is
unfortunate that they have chosen to do what they have done. We think that
it is even more unfortunate that they have NOT chosen to try and reach some
accomodation, thereby exacerbating the situation. This indicates, to MHSC,
that Neulevel and ICANN are the ones deliberatly picking the fight.

What I don't understand is why people deliberately chose to ignore these
sorts of fundimentals. It must be sheer pig-headedness. The only alternative
conclusion that we see is "bone-headed spite", a less kindly conclusion. In
either case, the arrogance is astounding.

--
R O E L A N D   M J  M E Y E R
Managing Director