[ga] NeuLevel Statement

Statement from Jeffrey J. Neuman
Director, Policy and Intellectual Property
NeuLevel, Inc.
July 26, 2001

It has come to our attention that a lawsuit has been filed in the State of
California regarding the launch process for .BIZ domain names. We believe
that the .BIZ domain name selection process is the most fair and equitable
way to distribute domain names during the launch of the first truly global
business-centric space on the Internet. We believe the lawsuit is without
merit.

NeuLevel stands completely behind the launch process of .BIZ, which provides
protections for all trademark owners and discourages cybersquatting and
speculation. NeuLevel is committed to preserving the integrity and stability
of the Internet and the .BIZ launch process, which complies with all
applicable law. The .BIZ launch process has been approved by the Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), a non-profit organization
whose mandate is to act through a bottom-up consensus-based process in the
best interests of the global Internet community.

http://www.nic.biz/aboutnl/07262001.html