RE: [ga] Letter from ICANN to New.net

As has been noted before, there is no technical basis for the IAB report. In
fact, there was no technical content in that IAB report, whatsoever. It was
purely a policy statement, decorated with FUD, pretending to technical
legitimacy. I might add that, it wasn't worthy of the IAB, IMHO.

> This item has also been debated at the PSO General Assembly
> some 10 days ago, and there has not been one single voice in favour of
> multiple roots.

That is because those holding that position are not allowed to speak there
or are actively attacked, with ad hominems, when they do.

> I don't want to underestimate the importance of the different
> political POVs on the multiple roots, but since this issue has negligible
> support (if any at all) in the Protocol community, and specifically at the

> IETF, ICANN should not do anything else than dismiss it.

Let's see; Hold a meeting on a subject, beat off opposing views with clubs,
lock the doors, then declare that there are no opposing views...nice and
open. This is typical IETF procedure and what you report here appears no
different. Multiple root concepts have been actively suppressed,
politically, almost since the very start of the IETF.