RE: [ga] Re: The First New.net Name Appraisal at Afternic

We are on the verge of name-war and fragmentation of the Internet. This is
something that many of us have been trying to avoid for over four years now.

> It is time for Mr. Lynn to withdraw his paper, and time to
> recognize that if we lay claim to a consensus process, we had
> better start using it.

It's an interesting concept, but one that will never see realization. Not,
if current track-record is anything to go by. Fortunately for the rest of
the world, market forces are very powerful.

1) The customer, whatever else they may be, is always right.
2) When in doubt, see rule 1.
3) Ignore rule 2 at great peril.

ICANN is failing to acknowlege rule 3. Alternate root registries are a
natural consequence of that failure.