Re: [ga] jeff williams / this list.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 09:23:28AM -0400, tc lewis wrote:

> well, i'm aware of the options of how it's technically possible.  my
> question is more of: why is he doing it that way, instead of sending it to
> the list like everyone else does?

Because he has been banned from the list for for a time for willful
misuse.  Bcc's are a way for him to continue his harassment.  I
recommend that you simply delete unread all mail from Jeff Williams, or
any of his numerous other fake identities.

> like i said, sorting is much easier
> with the proper headers (not that this list has "mailing-list:" anyway,
> but hey, at least "sender:" is something).
>
> it's definitely not just this message, but rather almost all (if not all)
> that i see from him.  and it surely wasn't sent to me in particular -- i
> would assume he sent it to everyone on the list, just not through the
> actual list.  i'm curious as to the motivation behind such an activity.

The motives are obscure.

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be