Re: [ga] Questions for the next ICANN Board Director

1) To what extent would you seek to ensure that the "open," "bottom-up"
    mode of operation of ICANN, in which the participation of the General
    Assembly in forming recommendations and suggestions to the Board of
    Directors is a part, and which mode is set out in the Articles that govern
    ICANN and in the agreement with the USG, would be honored and
    implemented?

Bill Lovell

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> It will soon be time for the DNSO to nominate a Board Director.  If we seek
> to have a Director that has an affinity for the General Assembly, it might be
> prudent for us to begin preparing a list of questions to pose to the
> candidates for such office.  If each of you can pose one question, we could
> rapidly compile a list of interrogatives that reflects the concerns of this
> Assembly.   If possible, we might also arrange for a debate between the
> candidates in Montevideo as part of the General Assembly session... Let me
> know your thoughts, better yet, let me know your questions.

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm