Re: [ga] Proposal for moving forward

On 17:57 14/07/01, Patrick Corliss said:
>On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 13:12:26 +0200, Alexander Svennson wrote:
> > Why don't we simply agree to *follow* the rules until
> > such time when we have the resources and time to vote
> > on it and use the voting mechanism instead for those
> > issues which need to be voted on *now*?
Patrick responded
 > Easy. Several people have said that they will post where they like.  With no
 > rule in place the List Monitors have no mechanism to enforce compliance.
 > In other words, we will be left with the "status quo".
 > And we can see where that is getting us !!!

I suppose that Patrick is alluding to my fight against his ukases with no
motion, no acknowledgement, no debate, no vote and no agreement.

I note that Patrick in spite of a my reminder has not listed me as a
supporter of his motion. So I wish to underline that:

1. I initially proposed that motion to Patrick
2. I strongly recommended him as ga-rules Chair so he might give a
legitimacy to his efforts
3. The very minute I received his motion, I seconded it
4. I suggested a consensus on sub-lists based upon Patrick and Jeff
positions and Bill's demands. Jeff responded openly. Patrick denied.
5. I documented to Dereck why I though this motion was of interest to some
and why he should support it
6. I asked - and got the published support of Patrick - to better his
system in having (a) the sub-lists copied to ga-full (b) the ReplyTo of the
sublists directed to the sublists.
7. I unerlined in vain to Patrick that his first supporters on his motions
were the people he feds-up with his sublist monomania, as they are happy of
such a positive compromise.

That Patrick is not decent enough to list them is not the point. The point
is to have that motion accepted and enforced. We are here in a situation
where even Joana agrees with some minor text alterations. The only one I am
not sure about is WXW, but I suppose he may not be excited about ga-rules
dialog, but much interested in seeing it quitting GA list for most of it.

If this is the case, please Patrick do not spoil the first move by
consensus this ML could carry.
Jefsey