To whose Master? - Re: [ga] MOTION - Moving Discussion Off the GA List

Check out.  I'm doing things my way.  It's my way or the high way....
Consensus?  To whose Master?  This motion may be a big mistake.  Watch.

When the GA takes action to silence someone, that is a significant
adverse action and it should not be taken lightly.  The problem with the
other GA sub-lists is that there are too many sub-list and little
consensus on those other lists.  It is difficult for most to keep track
of so many lists in the first place.

If the GA-RULES sub-list is going to work here, there should be clear
notice on the full GA list whenever a suspension may be warranted.  This
may lead to a consensus process that could be the body that determines
if a suspension is warranted, or not (GA-SUSPENSION sub-list).  What a
headache to accomplish with this group.

I believe that 5 posts per day, per person, are too few if the material
in the posts are substantive and constructive.  If there is clear abuse,
then okay.  Apply voltage and fry the violator.  However, if there is
not clear abuse, then lighten up.  Or else, the GA will not accomplish
anything here related to any valid consensus process.

For example, there was not clear abuse to warrant suspension of Dierker,
Fleming, Walsh, Williams.  The suspension action in my opinion appears
to be someone's power trip and/or the action is to inhibit and control
free speech and process.

Derek Conant
DNSGA President and Chairman