Re: [ga] Comments from Vint Cerf

Danny and all assembly members,

  Other policy's have been submitted to the ICANN BoD and staff.  They
have never been responded to, or completely ignored all together.  We sent
two in '99.  No response back yet.  So I have a problem believing Vent's
statement.  ORSC had sent a proposal as well, ad doa AURSC, Superoot,
Ultrante, and a number of others.  I have yet to see a official response back
from the ICANN BOD and staff.  However this is really not all that important,
as the STAKEHOLDERS should be determining what policies regarding
Root structures and TLD addition, not the ICANN BoD and staff...

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Milton,
>
> I believe the document states current policy - the unique, authoritative root
> is
> part of the core design of the DNS and the basis for ICANN's responsibility in
> the creation of new TLDs.
>
> If the DNSO believes a different policy is needed, it is free to develop
> proposals
> for the ICANN board to consider.
>
> Vint Cerf
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc05/msg00605.html

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827