Re: [ga] Comments from Danny Younger

Hello DannyYounger,

Tuesday, July 10, 2001, 5:49:18 PM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> If the topic of alternate roots is not "beyond the scope" of our ICANN
> President, then it should not be "beyond the scope of the DNSO", even if so
> declared by the Names Council.   It would be appropriate for the GA to again
> petition the Council for a working group on this topic... I am not arguing
> that a different policy needs to be adopted, only that we should exercise our
> right to consider this policy, and if required, submit recommendations to
> improve upon that policy.

I think that the Names Council was right.

Just because ICANN is talking about Alt.roots does not make it within
the scope of the DNSO.

It would be inappropriate for ICANN or the DNSO to adopt any policy
with regard to alt.roots except one of leaving them alone, which
doesn't require a working group, it is the status quo.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>