RE: [ga] a quote from Lynn

Dear Steven,
I am afraid the AmerICANN has some positionning problem.
USA as you know have no USNIC. For a while the US traditional
generosity guested the international concerns, but as time flows
there are conflicts. Now we see progressivily the situation to
clarify and the ccTLDs will become obviously a smaller part
of the cake as new TLDs will come in.

.us is around. .eu is probably not a big ccTLD, but the European
thinking is developping about Internet management.

The urgency is now for ccTLD to forget a little bit about TLD and
to think more about NIC (National Internet Centers?) and how to
provide services, coherence, annimation to their users and local
TLDs, with the support of their local @large, ISPs, ASPs. Also
to join force wih local consumer representatives to develop an
Internet of proximity which will be their legitimacy... and their
protection vs. local government.  They should remember that
in a few months "experimental" inclusive TLDs and media may
have changed a lot of things about DNs and balance sheet.

We should all benefit from Lynn "oddities". "Global" TLDs is not
a today question at ccTLDs. The word is around. Lynn is a
new comer - so no historics - and he is at the core. His positions
are not necessarily adequate and his moves not necessarily
acceptable, but he reflects today's concerns ... or what is still
possible.

OK. His last document is illegal in here, as he quotes Ben's
awkward mails which a re public legal offence to privacy law,
and is a bylaw violation. But is that what is of importance
to you in NZ? IMHO what is of real importance is that Lynn's
document is so totally outdated that his only real argument is
wrong gossips about Leah's list. That is the point: the current
structures and solutions are aging.

The task was to provide a good *infrastructure* to the net. They
have worked on a pseudo governance *structure* instead. Well,
the infrastructure is drifting a little bit, making some earthquakes
in the structure.

Jefsey