[ga] Dealing with bounced and returned mail

Hi Philip

On Wed, 4 Jul 2001 11:46:43 +0200, you wrote:

> you clearly have an issue over bounced and returned e-mails and ga abuse.
> You perceive a simple technical solution, others may perceive such a
> solution as interference.

There are a lot of things that people MIGHT perceive.  Some might perceive
your response as interference also.  Some might perceive an elected Alt
Chair as having some right to represent the GA members.    I could go on but
it's an empty argument.

> The DNSO secretariat will take instruction from the GA as a body on the
> way GA mail lists are set up, the nature of their filters etc.

Not true. The GA-ORG mailing list was established without a vote of
the General Assembly.  I really can't believe you want to spread such
disinformation.

Are you sure you aren't on the ICANN Board ?

> If you seek
> change persuade the GA you are right and together with the GA chair as
> spokesmen for the GA make a request to the DNSO secretariat.

My point, which Ken Stubbs denies, is proved over and over.  The NC refuses
to co-operate.  If we have to submit every request to the General Assembly
for a vote then the Chair and Alt Chair are just empty figureheads.

And the NC, which is elected to serve, can make any decision at whim.
Who, exactly, are YOU accountable to?  The constituencies?

Since when do YOU put YOUR decisions, such as just now, to a vote?

> Philip Sheppard
> NC Chair

Exactly.  The NC Chair.  Just like Danny is the GA Chair.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss