From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos [mailto:sotiris@hermesnetwork.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 6:56 PM
To: wsl@cerebalaw.com
Cc: ga-udrp; Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; Jefsey Morfin; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] Some other ideas about the questions... [ga-udrp] UDRP
Questionnaire

"William S. Lovell" wrote:

> <snip>I'll hate myself for this, but the way that the courts enforce
uniformity
> over,
> say,
> the regional circuit courts, is that there is an appeal to the U. S.
Supreme
> Court
> which then defines standards for the lower appellate courts to follow.
Even
> that
> does not work too well -- some circuits (e.g., the 9th) make it a practice
of
> weaseling their way around U. S. Supreme Court decisions -- they read the
ones
> they want to read and ignore the rest.<snip>

Is that the infamous "Rocket Docket"?  Yes, a rather slick operation that...
Did
someone say something about Law???

> <snip>(And here, of course, is one of the major
> problems: I would
> wager that most of those on these panels are techie Internet gurus who
don't
> know beans about
> any trademark law anywhere.)<snip>

I'll take you up on that wager Bill.  How much would you like to lose?

> > >007.    Should the ability to challenge a name under the UDRP expire

> > after a
>
> Good question

An excellent question Marilyn!  Milton Mueller has already proposed a 3 year
registration stipulation.  I fully support Milton's initiative.

Regards,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos