RE: [ga] UDRP Questionnaire

Is there a definition of domain name in a relevant RFC? I don't know the
answer, but that might be a good question to ask someone on the IAB/IETF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos [mailto:sotiris@hermesnetwork.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2001 1:29 PM
To: Jefsey Morfin
Cc: philip.sheppard@aim.be; ga@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [ga] UDRP Questionnaire

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> Dear Philip,
> as you may recall the UDRP is supposed to be about domain names. As you
may
> also have noted the UDRP document does not define what is a domain name,
> while it defines all the other DNS oriented specific words it uses.<snip>

> I therefore suggest that the NC adds a topic about the definition of the
> Domain Name.<snip>

As you are all probably aware, I agree completely with Jefsey on this
matter.
The question of what a Domain Name is has been at the top of my list from
the
beginning of my involvement in ICANN.  Until a standard defnition is
applied,
there can be no talk of Law with respect to Domain Names.  This is my
sincerest
belief with respect to this issue.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos