Re: [ga] Individuals' Constituency

The intact portion of Danny's post is the meat of Karl's proposed resolution
which is one portion of the Review TFs job.

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> Such proposals shall describe at least the following:
>
> The proposed structure
> Sources of funding
> Criteria for membership
> Willingness to reconcile differences with others who have submitted proposals
>
> The ICANN Board of Directors expresses its intention to promptly consider
> such proposals and hopes that a constituency for individuals who have
> registered domain names may soon be formed."

Structure;
Analysing which existing structures seem to work and why seems to be the best way
to begin this Task.
OTOH it may be easier to start from scratch.

Sources of funding;
On U.S. electronic tax filings you can check a box for approval to donate part of
your money to certain things. It occurred to me that accredited registrars could
do the same on registration forms.  Great for outreach and it may just raise a
few coins.  Just a thought!

Criteria for Membership;
I did not quite catch some comments suggesting that there may be a valid reason
for disqualifying sub-level domains, I would like to hear more. What about
proxy's that are there for things like single living alone women that do not want
to be tracked through their domain. What about the poor guy who gets reversed
hijacked and loses his website his name and livlihood, do we then kick him
out-ouch?

Willingness to reconcile;
I had not thought about this before, and at first blush it seems axiomatic.

Sincerely,
Eric