[ga] Registrars' Domain Name Speculation?

Dear Mr. Lynn,

While visiting a popular domain name auction site today, I noticed a number
of domains whose registrants were registrars.  These domains were listed with
a minimum bid price in excess of $50.  While I understand that registrars
will occasionally be required to seize a domain due to credit-card chargeback
considerations, and while I understand that the registrar has already paid
the $6 fee to the registry in such situations, I am bothered by the fact that
such activities (to my way of thinking) constitute either "warehousing" or
"speculation", which would appear to be prohibited by the terms of the
Registrar Accreditation Agreement (as the domain is not being immediately
released to the registry for return to the pool of available names).

It is quite conceivable that a registrar could handsomely profit from auction
activities (especially if the bids reach into the thousands of dollars).
Is this practice a violation of the RAA?  If so, how will ICANN enforce the
terms of the contract?  If not, should there be a policy in place to
discourage this type of activity?

Your thoughts on this matter will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Danny Younger