Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Four Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

WXW and all assembly members,

  I ti interesting that you could be so interested in privacy in this
instance
but not in Whois records?  How does one justify such a juxtaposed
position I wonder?  WXW, care to elaborate a bit for all of us
on this?

  I suspect, but do not know, that there is another motivation for
this glaring inconsistency in such juxtaposed positions....

William X. Walsh wrote:

> Hello Earl,
>
> Wednesday, June 20, 2001, 8:04:34 PM, Earl Heather wrote:
>
> > and therein lies your error
> > "The moderators must be able to act independently."
>
> > No moderator(s) should EVER be able to act independantly, in secret
> > or without appeal.
>
> There is an appeal process.  Currenlty that is to the Chair. Roberto
> overturned actions, as Patrick did in his acting capacity earlier
> today.
>
> > Public,open and transparent handling of the complaint process is what
> > has been missing, allowing the process to be manipulated by a few, to
> > the detriment of the list.
>
> > For example
>
> > WHO FILED THE COMPLAINTS ?
>
> I don't think that is relevant, really. I used to think that it should
> be mandatory, however I no longer do.  I think the complainant has a
> right to privacy, and I don't see how the identity of the complainant
> is relevant.  The moderator accepts responsibility for the action.
>
> Disclosure of complainants only leads to further inflammations.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> Userfriendly.com Domains
> The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> DNS Services from $1.65/mo

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827