Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Four Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Earl and all assembly members,

  Indeed Earl, you are quite correct!  and this is only ONE of the
problems with the illegitimate rules currently.  And this was one of the
reasons that Erics suspension (Now reversed after Eric requested
that such occur).  There is an appeal process but it is done behind
the scenes.  This is not a good method nor is it accountable.  As such,
I feel that all of the rules should be scrapped, as I see a number of
others
do as well.

Earl Heather wrote:

> and therein lies your error
> "The moderators must be able to act independently."
>
> No moderator(s) should EVER be able to act independantly, in secret
> or without appeal.
>
> Public,open and transparent handling of the complaint process is what
> has been missing, allowing the process to be manipulated by a few, to
> the detriment of the list.
>
> For example
>
> WHO FILED THE COMPLAINTS ?
>
> Earl Heather
>
> > Hello Earl,
> >
> > Wednesday, June 20, 2001, 6:03:39 PM, Earl Heather wrote:
> >
> > > Or the members of this list should make the final decision,
> > > not the moderators.
> >
> > No.  The moderators must be able to act independently.  Requiring a
> > vote on every action is prohibitive, and effectively means we have no
> > rules.
> >
> > However, I think it is reasonable to place a limit on the moderators.
> >
> > If more than a week has passed from the violation, the moderators
> > cannot act.
> >
> > Maybe this will motivate them to review complaints in a more timely
> > manner and take more appropriate actions.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > William X Walsh <william@userfriendly.com>
> > Userfriendly.com Domains
> > The most advanced domain lookup tool on the net
> > DNS Services from $1.65/mo
> >
> > --
> > This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827