Re: [ga] [ADMIN] Four Week Suspension of Eric Dierker

Which seems to me to be a self-contradictory proposition. It is precisely
because of  'flame wars' that the GA is inhibited from moving substance
forward (among other reasons). Those with a penchant for engaging in
the same disrupt that process, and really need to be removed to a climate
more attuned to their tastes.  ("First Amendment" -- yeah, yeah, yeah.
Even were this bunch subject to that, there is nowhere any requirement
that any specific group of people is required to read that which they
don't want to see -- the principle cuts both ways.)

Bill Lovell

Derek Conant wrote:

> I can also agree.  That the GA lacks the ability to move substance forward is
> what I have been saying all along.
>
> Derek Conant
> DNSGA President and Chairman
>
> "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" wrote:
>
> > I agree. This is one of the major reason why suspension policies are bad.
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Peter de Blanc wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > We are getting more concerned with the form and rules here, and less
> > > concerned with the substance of the work we are supposed to be doing.
> > >

> > --
> >                 Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
> > A. Michael Froomkin   |    Professor of Law    |   froomkin@law.tm
> > U. Miami School of Law, P.O. Box 248087, Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA
> > +1 (305) 284-4285  |  +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  | http://www.law.tm
> >                        -->It's hot here.<--
> >
> > --

Any terms or acronyms above that are not familiar
to the reader may possibly be explained at:
"WHAT IS": http://whatis.techtarget.com/
GLOSSARY: http://www.icann.org/general/glossary.htm