Re: [ga] Analysis of Atlantic Root .BIZ Registrations to Date

Wrong.  The dates reflected in the POSSR registration system are
stamped via that system.  There were registrations manually
entered before the automated system (during the early summer)
and re-entered after lauch of the online system.  As I posted to the
web board at Berkman, the research is flawed.  .BIZ was never a
toy and I completely resent that.  The fact that registrations picked
up after the formal launch of an online system only proves that it
had more visibility and was therefore more inviting.  It would not
have mattered if there were 10 or 10,000 registrations.  FYI:  The
oldest registration was shortly after we took over management.

I suggest you read my reponse to the reasearch on the Berkman
web board.  It's really a shame that we were not consulted
regarding the mining of the whois and publication of personal
identifying information on a website.  It is also a shame that we
were not consulted for facts either.

Mischaracterizations are not facts.

Leah

On 19 Jun 2001, at 23:56, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> On 2001-06-19 20:50:18 +0200, Jefsey Morfin wrote:
>
> >- your publishing of the nominative biz list is in contravention with
> >privacy laws of many countries and as such a real argument against
> >iCANN supporters.
>
> Distraction tactics, Jefsey.
>
> The crucial findings from Ben's report are these:
>
> - The largest portion of the registrations happened AFTER the MdR
>    decisions.
>
> - At the point of time of that decision, there were only FIVE
>    distinct domain name holders, that is, Leah's .biz was hardly more
>    than a toy.
>
> - The oldest SLD was registered on October 23, 2000, three weeks
>    before the MdR meeting.
>
>    It's instructive to look at ICANN document publication dates at
>    <http://www.icann.org/announcements/>:
>
>     October 23, 2000
>     TLD Application Review Update
>
>     October 13, 2000
>     TLD Application Review Update
>
>     October 5, 2000
>     TLD Application Review Update
>
>    The October 5 document has a link to a list of the domains for
>    which ICANN had received applications.  This list included .biz.
>
> Thus, Leah's claim that ICANN is creating a collider is NOT backed up
> by facts.
>
> >- the increase you show demonstrates that ARNI is here to stay and
> >that many people now think using it is a reasonable move, either
> >because it will survive NeuLevel which has far higher operating costs
> >due to the iCANN constraints and will not be able to cope with a long
> >stale period after the first collisions hit the press. So either .biz
> >DNs by ARNI will be the winers or NewLevel will have to compromise
> >and to buy them. ANyway it is good business to buy from Leah. I
> >understand many are understanding that right now..
>
> Get real.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/
> -- This message was passed to you via the ga-full@dnso.org list. Send