Re: [ga] Also - Re: DNSO GA Chair Employed by Register.com?

At 7:17 am -0700 6/15/01, Derek Conant wrote:
>I need to mention that Danny did indicate to me that his baby bow business
>was an online business, however, he emphasized to me that this was the
>extent of his association with any Internet business.  Danny should have
>mentioned to me that he was employed by Register.com.

While I don't have a problem with a GA official having an association with
SOME Registrars, I DO have a problem if they are involved with
Register.com, as it is a domain warehouser, and actively attempts to
prevent the transfer of names away from itself.

I have a client who wishes to obtain a name that expired in February and is
now registered to:

      Unpaid Names Department-R
      575 Eighth Avenue
      New York, NY 10018
      US
      Phone: 212-798-9200
      Fax..: 212-594-9876
      Email: admin@register.com

All attempts to find out from register.com exactly how to register this
expired name have been fruitless. No doubt, it would involve having to
register the name through register.com for two years.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?