Re: [ga] Re: "They're Coming To Take Me Away. Ha Ha."

Danny and all assembly members,

Danny Younger wrote:

> Joanna Lane writes:  "Danny, as you are on the Whois Committee, perhaps you
> could confirm that efforts will be made to contact some of these. Here's a
> short list from the EPIC Online Guide to Privacy Resources:
> http://www.epic.org/privacy/privacy_resources_faq.html
>
> Dear Joanna,
>
> About two months ago, I forwarded a number of the epic.org URLS to Paul
> Kane, Chair of the WHOIS committee.  I can confirm that as we move past the
> survey input phase, additional outreach activities will be pursued.

  This is fine Danny.  But what about before we move past the survey input
phase.  Have any of the EFF listed or other privacy groups which Joanna
listed been ask or informed about the WHOIS survey?  If not, why not?
After the fact isn't good enough, Danny.

  I realize that you are an employee of Register.com and this may be a touchy
issue
with you superiors and therefore some pressure could be applied to you.  And
as such I can understand you response to Joanna, above.

> Best regards,
> Danny

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827