Re: [ga] Re: Membership Drive

on 6/13/01 9:54 AM, Derek Conant at dconant@dnsga.org wrote:

Furthermore, where is the valid
> consensus regarding your action to move this forward?

Interesting that you think the GA is an elitist Old Boys Club Derek. Point
me to the rule that says existing members have to be consulted before new
members may join.

>Leave the task to the At-Large to figure out.
I expect you want to put a freeze on new memberships in the GA until AtLarge
Study is completed as well.

>We don't need special interest group penetration or undue influence taking over
ICANN via the DNSO GA.

Perhaps you'd like to write a paper on membership criteria for the GA. Let
me help you... "Members must be of the Aryan race, blond hair, blue eyes.. "

The fundamental problem with ICANN is poor levels of participation. A
membership drive is absolutely what we need. I wouldn't be too concerned
about being overrun. Chance would be a fine thing.

Regards,
Joanna