[ga] Sorry

Danny,
I said I would not say anything about the DNSO/GA mamagement and you
anymore. But I promised I would consider carefully your proposition.

Your suggestions are worth an open debate with votes. But today they are
dividers. Should you reconsider your approach and:
1. propose a motion for the GA to review, amend, vote and adopt a motion of
yours.
2. nominate people further on, to participate in possibly decided working
stuctures,
I might be interested to consider.

If you need me to explain: what you propose would lead the most active
Members of this list to compete with the NC and make the GA to lose
credibility. IMHO the GA has not lost any reputation, it has shown itself
mature enough to elect and asses its Chair, but it has not yet stabilized
its chairing rules. The GA is by nature a think tank to motion propositions
to the NC and fill the specialized WGs it may accept to create from GA
Centers of Interest. The purpose of the GA is not to be the DNSO, as the
nature of the Chair is not to embody the GA.

As you may recall, I have motioned a proposition on very precise and
documented grounds for this GA to vote a drafting committee to prepare and
send a document to the NC. It should have recommended the creation of a
serious Working-Group on the iCANN doctrine and strategy about Name Space
Management. This motion has been seconded and enought would-be Members of
such a committee have stood-up. This motion should have been acknowledged,
reviewed in comon and voted. A document should have been proposed to the
GA's vote and sent to the NC. I suppose a WG-Name-Space would have been
accepted.

I am sorry: this is both the way I read the bylaws and I consider a proper
professional functionning of a Support Organization. You chose not to
permit this normal functionning to go through and to artificially create an
ML on such a side aspect of the problem (ga-roots) that eventually the NC
voted it out its scope.

The situation we all are in today with foreign roots and the many lawsuits
to come and iCANN embarassements could have been avoided if my proposition
had simply gone through your surprising blockade.

I am sorry: I cannot give you my name as an alibi against my interests and
the interests of many on this list and much more throughout the world -
since this is what the DNSO purpose is about: the interest of the Internet
Community. Let resume an e-democratic process before, or it would be in
addition a total waste of time.

Jefsey Morfin